Islam

Islam

Saturday 10 December 2016

Givng charity on behalf of others

Image result for Giving charity on behalf of others -Islam (Malaysia)

Question

I would like to know, when I spend charity, how can I make sure that the blessings from Allah will be not be for me alone, but also for all of my family? I mean, if I spend a certain amount, how can it be as if the rest of my family gave a portion of that amount? Is there any procedure for this?

Answer

You have the right to grant the reward of your almsgiving to anyone you please. You may intend the reward for an individual or for a group of people. 

Sa`d said to the Prophet (peace be upon him): “My mother died, and I think that if she had spoken, she would have given charity. Will she have a reward if I give charity on her behalf?” 

He said: “Yes.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim

If you give alms separately on behalf of yourself, then your father, then your mother, that will be fine. 

Likewise, you can opt to gather everyone together in your intention and offer a single charitable donation. This will also be correct, by the will of Allah. 

And Allah knows best.

-islamtoday.net

No comments:

Post a Comment