Islam

Islam

Wednesday 10 May 2017

Removal of facial moles & surgery to correct jawline

Image result for Muslim woman removal of facial moles & surgery to correct jaw line

Question

I have been born with a prominent jaw line which means my teeth stick out and I have a very unappealing side profile. I have been called things like "Mr. Rodent" and "rat-face". This has caused me a huge amount of emotional pain and loss of self-esteem. My orthodontist recommended dental surgery to realign my top jaw with my bottom jaw. I am very keen to do this as I would like to correct this disfigurement. Please advise me on whether this operation is lawful in Islam. Also, I have a friend who wants to know if it is permissible to remove any marks or blemishes from one's face. He has two moles on his face which are quite distinct and unsightly. He wants to know if Islam allows him to have them removed.

Answer

It is permissible to have this operation done to correct your jawline, since you are returning your jaw back to its normal place. It is lawful for a person to make amendments to his appearance when some natural defect exists. 

I also think that it alright for your friend to have the moles removed from his face, particularly if he suffers from their sight, whether mentally or physically. Such a mole becomes, in such a case, a defect that may be removed, as it is existence on the face is not something normal. 

And Allah knows best.

-islamtoday.net

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good thing is these are mostly benign moles. Whether or not there is scarring depends on how deep these moles are. Moles that are mostly superficial can be shaved off and the root frozen or lasered to prevent recurrence. As long as damage to the dermis is minimized the scarring should be minimal. A plastic surgeon or dermatologist should be able to help you. If you want to get best mole removal in Dubai then you can consult with a professional dermatologist.

    ReplyDelete